18 September 2013

the Smile that destroyed my religion

There's a new song rising, burning new mercies like the sun that arises every morning-
it's name is Victory, and it's washing over every bit of defeat in me. 
My feet glide weightlessly as I dance across the room, and in every bend of every joint, I am praising Him.

I create because He first created. I dance because He first danced. I sing because He's always been singing over me. 

The way the sunlight shimmers on the water of the lake and the way its current never stops moving. The way the grass tosses to the left and right as a gentle wind carries itself through my hair and the trees. It's a still, small Voice- a quiet Yes. The way I can dig my toes into the earth beneath me. It's this incomprehensible grace that wakes me up and teaches me how to rest.

There's an awakening happening. Victory's song is light that overcomes the deepest and darkest of places, where no person or circumstance is beyond the reach of it's song. It sings that freedom is so much simpler than we make it out to be- that we can choose Life and joy in the face of death and defeat each day knowing that there's always a better Way.

Every scar whispers the song of the One who has overcome. The sting of what was is nothing compared to the glory that is- and is to come.


1 comment:

Nadine Aires said...

You are an incredibly beautiful writer! All the best with the move to Uganda - and if there's a way the general public can help with your needs, let us know perhaps on your blog!

to the ends of the earth, and of myself

I used to shy away from suffering. My tight grip on control kept me bound in my comfort zone and pride had me blinded from the beauty ...